Who we are
We believe that entrepreneurs from any background can start and grow businesses that create wealth for their families and communities. We provide the capital, coaching, and connections entrepreneurs need to grow great businesses that create jobs and wealth in their communities.
Our 2020 – 2022 Impact
Community Businesses Coached
Community Businesses Funded
- We set clear expectations and achievable goals to create measurable impact for our clients and our community.
- We embrace our professional roles and responsibilities, and we effectively deliver on our commitments.
- We own up to our mistakes, rapidly repair them, and learn from them with humility.
- We work together to serve all entrepreneurs holistically and creatively.
- We are transparent with and responsive to each other, our funders, our partners, our clients, and our community.
- We listen carefully and patiently to each other, our funders, our partners, our clients, and our community.
- We empathize with the struggles our entrepreneurs and our own team may be facing.
- We value diversity in our team, our funders, our partners, our clients, and our community.
- We speak considerately and directly with each other, our funders, our partners, our clients, and our community, sharing praise and suggestions for improvement in order to build trusted relationships.
- We share our enthusiasm for this work with each other, our funders, our partners, our clients, and our community, and we celebrate the successes of our clients and our team.
- We welcome difficult challenges and work hard to find bold and innovative solutions to tough problems.
- We are excited to do this work every day and are committed to working alongside our partners to create real change.
Our staff works tirelessly to help every community business we can, with clarity and empathy.
Our Board of Directors provides fiduciary oversight to all that we do. Our Advisory Councils provide valuable insights to help guide our work.
Business: The Hatchery
Allies for Community Business is located in East Garfield Park on the West Side of Chicago, at the corner of Lake and Kedzie. Our office is at The Hatchery, the largest mission-focused food and beverage incubator in the country. We are co-owners and co-tenants of this beautiful space.
We encourage you to explore our incubator and our neighborhood. To learn more, use the links below:
Schedule a tour of The Hatchery
Contact the Garfield Park Community Council