As new grant opportunities arise, we will post them here along with instructions on how to apply.
Job Creators Quest Grant
Administered by Founders First CDC
Founders First CDC’s Job Creators Quest Grant offers funds to use as growth capital to hire or rehire premium wage jobs.
- Founder must identify as Latinx, Black, Asian, Women, LGBTQIA+, Military Veteran, or located in a low to moderate income area
- Must be a for-profit, service-based business located in Illinois
- Must currently have 2-20 employees with the ability to add 1-2+ new premium wage jobs in the next 12 months
Deadline: February 7, 2023
Neighborhood Opportunity Fund
Administered by the City of Chicago Department of Planning and Development
The Neighborhood Opportunity Fund finances projects in commercial corridors across Chicago’s South and West Sides via small grants of up to $250,000 and large grants up to $2,500,000.
- South or West Side businesses located in eligible commercial corridor
- Grant funds must be used on projects that have a catalytic impact on the neighborhood and lead to the construction or rehabilitation of new and existing, publicly accessible, commercial spaces
Deadline: February 24, 2023
Small Business Improvement Fund
Administered by the City of Chicago and SomerCor
The City of Chicago’s Small Business Improvement Fund provides small businesses with reimbursable grants for permanent building improvement costs.
- Commercial and industrial business located in Chicago’s TIF districts
- Industrial businesses must have 200 or fewer employees
- Commercial businesses must gross average annual sales under $9M for the prior 3 years
Deadline: Dependent on TIF district