On Tuesday, September 19, Allies for Community Business launched the eighth cohort of the Neighborhood Entrepreneurship Lab (NEL).
NEL was developed in partnership with The Chicago Community Trust and lead donor, Bob Crawford, to provide capital, coaching, and collaboration to entrepreneurs ready for growth. The program pairs small business owners with investors, advisors and strategists who provide intensive assistance as well as introductions to influential contacts within their personal networks. In addition, each entrepreneur receives a $20,000 grant to grow their business.
The Neighborhood Entrepreneurship Lab cohort eight members include:
- Courtney Allen, Esthetic Haus
- Martin Arredondo, Dazzle Events
- Barbara Carpure, Life At Home Senior Care
- Anna Comer, Chicago Monopoly Group
- Diana Correa, La Parrilla Latin Food
- LeAnn Drake, Fusion Natural Hair & Braid Academy
- Terri Evans, Windy City Ribs & Whiskey
- Angelica Ford, Fueled by AF
- Joel Jimenez, Jimenez Fence Corp.
- Chrishon Lampley, Love Cork Screw
- Derek Mercer, Present Tense Bar
- Earl Moore, Uncle Earl’s BBQ N’ Blues Sauce
- Victoria Prince, Tori Prince Beauty
- Jordan Queen, Dilly Dally Provisions
- Mohammad Salehi, Heray Spice
- Ryan Schoop, Bully Bundles
- David Silva, Dope Drip
- Susan Stewart, Stewarts’ Cheesecakes
- Cristina Tarriba, Onigiri Kororin
- Tony Vitale, Vertical Grooves