On Thursday, September 16, Allies for Community Business and our partners launched the sixth cohort of the Neighborhood Entrepreneurship Lab (NEL).
NEL was developed in partnership with The Chicago Community Trust and lead donor, Bob Crawford, to provide capital, coaching, and collaboration to entrepreneurs ready for growth. The program pairs small business owners with investors, advisors and strategists who provide intensive assistance as well as introductions to influential contacts within their personal networks. In addition, each entrepreneur receives a $20,000 grant to grow their business.
The Neighborhood Entrepreneurship Lab sixth cohort members include:
- Lindsay Austin, TapePlay
- Cynthia Boyd-Yette, Cynthia’s Gumbo Express Inc.
- LaKeita Burns, Chi City Cakes
- Asha Dickens, October Lotus
- James Diggs & Jasney Richardson, Tidy Up Experts
- Holly DuPart, Lux Smarts, LLC
- Andrew Fair, HoopKinect
- Matthew Flickinger & April Lee Wiencek, Chateau Foods
- Stephanie Renee Hairston, Children Learn & Play Daycare II Inc
- Jared Hicks, Englewood Hardware and Paint
- Rachel Kamins, Bartleby’s Ice Cream Cakes
- Veah Larde, Two Sisters Catering
- Cassandra Lloyd-Pierce, Lloyd’s Lollipop Land Daycare, Inc.
- Corie Luckett, Englewood Branded
- Tracey McGhee, Ms. Jetsetter
- Yewande Odusanwo, Zora Digital
- Tara Robertson, PupStars Pet Care
- Jacques Sarr, Jacques International Language Academy
- Revae Schneider, Simplicite Co.
- Kia Smith, South Chicago Dance Theatre
- Johanna Thompson, Pixie Dust Salts
- Danielle Tubbs, Tubby’s Taste Vegan Cookies
- Georgia Utendahl, Georgia’s Soulfood
- Olivia vonNieda, Kavnia Coffee Company
- Milton Wordlow Jr, Agriculture
Click here to learn more or apply to be part of our next Neighborhood Entrepreneurship Lab.